Monday, March 7, 2011

Easy and oh so good!!

After posting on facebook about this Lasagna I got a couple of requests for the recipe! Little did they know it would be my next post. So Salty Brownie fans I'm doing a double this week and taking off next week since it's Spring Break with the kiddos :) I really like this lasagna one, because it's really easy to make. Two, I can sneak in some veggies for everyone including the kids and three, it's seriously yummy. So bust out your 9x13's people and get crackin'! Enjoy ya'll!

Ingredients
1 box of lasagna noodles (I use ready to bake whole wheat)
1 can of your favorite pasta sauce *gasp!!!* Yes people, I use canned sauce for my lasagna.
16 oz. ricotta cheese (low fat if you like)
16 oz. cottage cheese (I use 1%)
1 package of grated mozzarella or Italian blend
2 eggs
1/3 c grated parm cheese
1 lbs ground turkey or beef
1 diced onion
1 pkg of frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and drained)
1 tsp pepper

preheat your over to 350 degrees. Brown your beef or turkey (make sure and salt your meat while it's cooking) on the stove and while it's cooking mix up your ricotta, cottage cheese, eggs, pepper and parm in a medium bowl. After your meat is browned add the diced onion and spinach and cook on med heat for about 5 min. Pour in your jar of pasta sauce and let simmer for another few minutes. in the bottom of a 9x13 put a small bit of sauce to cover the bottom. Layer your lasagna noodles then ricotta mixture, a bit of mozzarella cheese then meat sauce again. Start over again with the noodles and do this until it reaches the top ending with the last bit of meat sauce. Cover the top with extra mozzarella cheese and bake for 45 min. covered. Uncover and bake for another 15.

No comments: